The DARCO MedSurg Shoe is designed to provide the foot with solid protection and accommodate bulky bandages with ease. It features a square- toe design to provide added protection for the toes. The sole has a metashank design that provides added support to the metatarsal region when walking.
The DARCO MedSurg Shoe has a hook and loop closure across the front which can fit up to a 17 inch circumference from large bandages and dressing. It also eliminates any added pressure caused by more traditional D ring closures that can irritate the forefoot area. Very aggressive tread at the midfoot provides superior traction. The reduced-friction tread at the toe and heel helps accommodate toe drag and heel scuff, minimizing the risk of accidental tripping. The elastic strap around the front of the ankle prevents the product from slipping off the heel.
The DARCO MedSurg has a rocker bottom sole which is designed to reduce pressure on the bottom surface of your foot by up to 25% for a more comfortable walking experience.FEATURES
- The Darco Medsurg shoe is the most versatile post-operative shoe on the market today.
- Its fully customizable insole is double-padded and removable to accommodate the pegassist off-loading insole.
- Square Toe Design Acts As A Bumper To Provide Additional Protection When K-wires Are Present
- Rocker Sole Reduces Plantar Pressure On The Forefoot And Heel By Over 25 Percent
- New Ankle Strap Eliminates Heel Slippage
- Zoned Outsole Provides Traction Under The Midfoot
- Metashank Protection Provides More Rigid Control Under The Metatarsal Heads
- Removable Insole Fully Customizable With Over Twice The Padding
- Optional Peg-assist Insoles Available: Use 1442pa-1442pg
- Hcpcs Suggested Code: L3260
- Brand: Darco
- Color: Black
- Use for: Foot
- Size: Small
- Women's Size: 4 - 6 Inches
- Age Range (Description): Adult